The North River Area is quickly becoming a hub for fun and interesting things to do. We are an hour’s drive to Ingonish and 40 minutes to Baddeck.
Within an hours drive of us here are a few things you can do.
- Hike Nova Scotia’s Tallest waterfall at 103’ – 10 minutes from us to the Trail Head. (6 hour- 19km hike) http://www.your-nova-scotia-holiday.com/north-river-falls.html
- Sea Kayak with North River Kayak Tours – May 15-Oct 15 – On Site northriverkayak.com
- Want do hire a skipper and a sweet sailboat and even learn to sail on the Bras D’or Lakes? cruiseandlearn.org
- Hike the Small Falls in North River – 10 Minutes to trail head (45 minute hike)
- Fly fish the North River – http://nsflyfishing.com/cbdestinations.html
- Hike the Uisge Ban falls in Baddeck https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uisge_Ban_Falls_Provincial_Park
- Amoeba Boat 2 hour Sailboat cruise out of Baddeck. Awesome sail! http://www.amoebasailingtours.com/
- Visit the multiple artisans shops on the St Ann’s Loop. Everything from Iron art and leather goods to glass and pewter goods. If you time it right, you will actually see them making their products to sell. Here are a few suggestions…
- Buy Lobster directly off the Little River Wharf from May 15th -July 15th.